Thursday, May 16, 2013

Inspired by Cynthia Frank

.01 Abstract painting | .02 Regent demilune table | .03 Orange chair | .04 Horn accent table | .05 Casa Bello Sofa | .06 White floor lamp | .07 Rope coffee table | .08 Seagrass table |.09 Grey velvet pillow

I know, I know....I took a very long break from the blog - But let me say this: When one steps away from the internet for a bit and focuses on business, one gets a whole lot accomplished and finds new sources of inspiration!  One also ends up swooning over other people's homes and contemplating selling everything you own and starting over!

One such home is that of Elle Decor contributing editor, Cynthia Frank!  I've loved Cynthia's style for a while now and didn't even realize it - turns out photographer Claiborne Swanson Frank consulted Cynthia, her mother-in-law, while decorating her lovely New York apartment (blogged about here).  Now I'm being a little exaggerated when I say I now want to sell everything I own and start over - I just really love this home.  Those vintage plaster lamps made me sigh and the black and white marble floor! This inspired me to add a little bit more color to my home for summer and was the overall style inspiration for my "Girl on a Budget" project (which I share more on later) - think lots of white and pops of color!

I put together a Cynthia inspired board above with some great pieces from Horchow (they're having an incredible sale right now), West Elm and Etsy.  That rope coffee table has my name written all over it!   Granny chic, what?

Where do you get decor inspiration from?

12 comments :

  1. Love all the paneling on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't her space seriously to die for?! Obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply smitten is really nice collection by cynthia. love them all! xo
    - Vinnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paneling is gorgeous, the kitchen is insane and I love love all the blue and white!! What a gorg home. Love your picks. I need an abstract painting like #1! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever just see someone and think "I could never be as elegantly cool as her"?... Cause that just happened!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paneling can be beautiful, your kitchen can be ridiculous and I love love each of the azure along with whitened!! Such a gorg house. Really like your choices. I want the abstract artwork similar to #1! xocheap runescape goldWOW Gold Kaufen Billig

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! that cozy kitchen. so gorgeous! jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's so inspiring, I love the kitchen with the white background and sleek furnishing. I would love to see how she would style a bedroom, what types of bedspreads she'd use and what theme she would do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get inspiration from you! I found your beautiful River North Apartment on Pinterest and I'm doing a month All about Interiors on my blog and had to share it! I can't wait to see more of your interiors and explore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this style of house. Thank you for giving me new inspiration!
    pillow covers solid https://www.diyenqbm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this information. i actually like your blog post considerably . you've got really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..

    ReplyDelete