Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Smitten | Julie Hillman

If you're in need of a mid-week pick me up then I suggest you head over to designer Julie Hillman's website and check out her portfolio.  Some of her designs are a little too modern for my taste but this Pound Ridge home is all kinds of good.  The mixture of collected antiques and modern pieces is perfection. Every room feels tailored yet comfortable - a look that is hard to achieve.  And although the home has a very limited color palette it doesn't feel cold because it's balanced out with scrumptious fabrics, warm woods and relaxed upholstery.  Soft saddle leather caterpillar sofa placed under rustic wood beams? Genius. The kitchen knocks my sandals off, too.  I'm smitten, are you?

2 comments :

  1. I am quite smitten with this house! The interiors are so lovely and inviting, with my favorite being the kitchen.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wee. Love the home in Pound Ridge, but - I'd also take the Tribeca Penthouse.....

    ReplyDelete