Monday, May 14, 2012

My Weekend in Pictures

 Good Morning and happy Monday to you!  I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Before I start my weekend recap I just wanted to take a moment to discuss this stunning beach shot of my grandmother, Maureen, that I found at my parent's house over the weekend (she’s going to kill me for sharing it!). I can't wait to find a vintage silver frame for it –I plan on hanging it next to this beach shot of my father's parents. I love you Nanny and I wish I could have spent Mother's Day with you!
It's been a while since my last "Weekend in Pictures" post so it feels good to get back in the swing of things. On Saturday I stopped in the Jonathan Adler store to check out their crazy, beautiful selection of needlepoint pillows.  This tan, ivory and gray grouping was my favorite.
Since I posted about my love of black and blue last week I was pleasantly surprised to see this lovely vignette in the corner of the store.
It's too bad my dog, Pinkie, doesn't have a bank account because if she did I would have asked her to buy me this charade square studded box for Mother's Day.
I ended up bringing home these pillows to show a client.  You like? 
Proof that I dress the way I decorate.  I went to a friend's going away party on Saturday night (love you Becky!) and decided to dress up my Current Elliot boyfriend jeans by wearing them with my new favorite Zara heels.
On Sunday I headed to the burbs to helped my parent's pick a paint color for my dad's tv room.  We decided on the paint in bottom right corner, Slipper Satin by Farrow & Ball.  My parent's house is very traditional so I'm happy that I finally convinced my dad to step out of his comfort zone and go with a color that has a bit of gray in it (he's a tan man).
I can't wait to share the room once it's complete!  My dad is a very talented woodworker and built this low storage bench for under the window.  I'll have to share all his other projects someday soon.
On my way back to the city I stopped by Blick where I found the perfect (inexpensive) "art" for a client's living room.  I can't wait for her to see it!

How was your weekend?  Any big plans for the week ahead?

(photos via Instagram, follow me: kristinkerr)

3 comments :

  1. Oh, looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I love the items you find during your shopping excursions! Really inspires me to want to help my parents redecorate their home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that studded white box! And pretty outfit - I've been meaning to pop into zara to take a look at their heels!

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the round-up! I also really like your dad's bench - clean lined and so pretty! Would love to see more of his work. My husband woodworks too!

    ReplyDelete