Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Spin on Art

I love the idea of using a craft store spin-art toy to create original abstract art.  In the pictures above Miles Redd made his own expressionist splatter then took it to a copy shop to have it enlarged and printed on watercolor paper.  I think the key to creating a sophisticated, modern masterpiece is to use a single color -- let the splatter be the main attraction -- and then finish it off with a sleek frame. I’m definitely going to try this when I have more wall space!

I'm pretty sure I had a spin-art t-shirt party when I was a kid, anyone else? 

(Images 1, 2, 3 Domino Magazine scanned by moi, 4

2 comments :

  1. Wow, I love spin art ever since I saw Chihuly's paintings! I think I'll have to try my hand at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! If you do it, you must must must show us the results.

    ReplyDelete