Monday, April 23, 2012

Design Hunter | Chicago Botanic Garden Antiques Fair

Sooo, this weekend was pretty inspiring -- I attended the Botanic Garden's Antiques & Gardens Fair on Friday and on Saturday my sister and I bopped around the city looking for furniture for her new condo!  The Botanic Garden's show is one of my favorites because there's always a great mix of vendors from across the country.  I've noticed in recent years that there are more moderately priced items which is great for a young collector like myself.  I didn't go to the show with the intention of buying anything but I did end up getting the little brass "love knot" paperweight pictured above - it was one of the least expensive things available!  Below are pictures of some of the pieces and booths that I found particularly inspiring... 
There is no doubt I'm a lamp lady...this blue French Opaline lamp caught eye and immediately reminded me of the one in Katie Lee Joel's former living room.
Covet Studio had one of my favorite booths -- I was so very tempted to purchase these green velvet Milo Baughman stools!
    I'm on a mission to find a pair of all brass lamps similar to this one from The Find.
The ladies at The Find always have great, reasonably priced accessories.
These beautiful lamps reminded me of the ones in Brooke Shields' living room.
Lee's Antiques always has a beautiful booth!
Don't you just love that teal wall?
A pair of framed vintage landscape designs at the Arch Vintage booth.  These would look great flanking a fireplace...I'm a sucker for symmetry.
Everything in Michael Del Piero's booth was jaw-dropping!  Her style is impeccable and her collection of mid-century furniture and ethnic accessories really stood out from the crowd.  In my opinion, this set of mid-century chairs, reupholstered in a soft, creamy leather, won best in show!  Notice the legs?

How was your weekend?

(Images kkl for simply smitten)

5 comments :

  1. Absolutely love the Chicago Botanic Antiques fair! Great recap. Hope to go next year. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can imagine it was hard not to buy everything in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing looking place! Love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning and inspirational!! I've pinned half of your pics!

    ReplyDelete