Friday, September 16, 2011

I've Found my New Calling...

Right now I feel like that guy from the Stanley Steamer commercial...you know, the guy that says, "Now, I mean I wouldn't say I'm a doctor. But I wouldn't say I'm not a doctor, either".  Replace "doctor" with color trend forecaster and that would be me...totally kidding!

But seriously, I was pleasantly surprised to see some of the strange color schemes I've been blogging about hit the spring 2012 runway.  Take the mint + peach combo above.  I got some mixed reactions/comments when I posted about it here but just look how chic it looks in this DVF ensemble.  And the color of the Tibi pants picture below is dead on with the color of the chair I inherited from my Great Aunt.  Then there are the lovely frosty pastels from Phillip Lim's collection that look like they were plucked right out of Ruthie Sommers bedroom (posted about here).  Needless to say, there were a lot of color schemes that I would have never thought of but that I hope to use as inspiration for future projects...

No comments :

Post a Comment