Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer + Slim Aarons

Slim Aarons Family Pool
Summer is finally here and I’m locked up in my cold office longing for summer afternoons spent luxuriously lounging about at the pool, with a cocktail or two.  In other words, I want to live in the world captured by famed American photographer Slim Aarons.  Rich, technicolor and saturated, Aaron’s photographs evoke the over-the-top all American spirit that I love. The photo above is my absolute favorite. Shot at the Schweppe Mansion in Lake Forest, IL, it features Mrs A Watson Armour III (Jean Schweppe), a glamorous Chicago socialite and the granddaughter of John G. Shedd, basking in the sun with family and friends. Doesn’t everyone just looks like they are having so much fun being fabulous?

No comments :

Post a Comment