Monday, June 6, 2011

Currently Coveting | Modern Campaign Furniture

This weekend, while looking for inspiration for a project I’m working on in Maine, I came across this beautiful dining room designed by Jeffrey Alan Marks.  At first, I was drawn in by the casual, coastal nature of the space but then it was the dining chairs that really made me stop and stare.  The MacLaren chairs, by Richard Wrightman designs, are a modern-day spin on the classic British Colonial Campaign furniture that I covet.  I honestly love every piece in Wrightman's 30-piece collection - which includes handcrafted chairs, tables, and beds all inspired by authentic examples of the classic travel furniture.  If you look closely you'll notice that every detail was carefully crafted right down to the use of canvas and loose mortise-and-tenon joinery, which allows the legs to adjust to uneven ground and permits quick assembly.  Safari-chic with a dash of mid-century modern - perfect for the modern nomad or casual, coastal house in Maine.  Which piece is your favorite?

No comments :

Post a Comment