Thursday, May 19, 2011

This + That | Moroccan Inspiration

On Tuesday I said that Elettra Wiedemann’s West Village apartment was my favorite Vogue.com home tour.  I spoke too soon.  Jessica Stam's home is, well, to die for.  My favorite feature is by far the beautiful hand-carved Moroccan doors leading into her bedroom.  It's hard to believe that the previous owner (a decorator from the Mandarin Oriental hotel) left these behind.  I honestly can't imagine finding such a unique feature in another home so this Myla mirror by Made Goods is a lovely alternative.  This beaut looks like it was hand-carved to resemble Ms. Stam's doors.  I picture it hung over a pedestal sink in a powder room...how would you use it?
Photographed by Claiborne Swanson Frank for Vogue.com

No comments :

Post a Comment