Monday, March 14, 2011

Orange You Glad....

....it's daylight savings time? And one step closer to spring? I'm ready to tuck away my winter clothes and fur throw and add a little orange to my life!  It's such a lively, fresh color that can wake up even the cloudiest of days.  The spring 2011 runways were filled with the bright hue but as you can see, it also works for interiors. It brings energy to a room and can be dramatic against crisp white.  While I probably would not paint an entire room bright orange, Nate Berkus got it just right by adding a pop of color to the inside of the bookshelves, pictured above.  But it's the tropical feel of the orange and green paired together that totally has me smitten!
Lela Rose Spring 2011 I Nate Berkus I Sydney Harbour Paints in Blood Orange I Bungalow 5 Orange Lamp via Tonic Home I Ikat Sunburst Luce pillow by Madeliene Weinrib I Casbah rug by CB2

No comments :

Post a Comment