Monday, March 7, 2011

A Fashionable Interior

Tina Barney is one of my favorite photographers because, like me, she is greatly inspired by the interaction between fashion and interiors.  When I caught a glimpse of Tory Burch's Spring 2010 collection, shot by the famed photographer, it was obvious that the sophisticated set was meant to be an important part of the images.  The series of photographs, which tell a story of a fictional family, were shot in Tory's Upper East Side apartment.  Everything about them perfect - especially the parallel between the décor and apparel.  Coincidence?  I think not.  When Tory started the collection she was working on her apartment and lot of what she picked up for the apartment end up translating into the inspiration for the clothing. During a behind-the-scenes talk with Tory during the shoot, Barney spoke about her book, Players, and her enthusiasm for decorating:
If you follow my blog you know I love to look at how fashion and furnishings influence one another, so what do you think? Is there a correlation between the two in your home?
The décor in this shot is so captivating, and the wallpaper-esque apparel blends seamlessly into the room.
This is one of my favorite rooms in Tory's home - I love the purple skirted table.
Tory's entry is soft and sophisticated, with a shiny black floor and hand-painted Gracie chinoiserie wallpaper.  Her dining room, on the other hand, is much more striking with Ravishing Red lacquered walls and mouldings painted to look like tortoise shell.
photographs by tina barney via brynn johnson

1 comment :

  1. Excellent menu! I have started out making my very own laundry cleaning soap only just lately - as well as find it irresistible * try not to possess a pretreatment spray -- These are generally EASY ingredients and i am going to offer vid try!!! Many thanks for publishing it!

    ReplyDelete