Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cosmically Chic

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....Today marks the final flight of NASA's space shuttle Discovery!  Inspired by the momentous occasion I bring you a cosmically chic vignette from Thomas O'Brien's New York apartment.  The 1940s star chart, pictured above, has been on my mind for quite some time.  It's such a clever piece of art - I love the large celestial scale of it, a 'discovery' in itself.  How great would this look in a bedroom?  I can't think of anything more perfect for a bedroom than a dark blue night sky.  I've searched ebay several times trying to find a dreamy, dark blue look-alike but have had little luck.  I did, however, find these lovely alternatives:   

4 comments :

  1. Love these "cosmically chic" prints! There is a gorge version from Restoration Hardware that we ordered for a client! http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1679018&categoryId=cat1676055

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You're right...that is gorgeous! I'm call Restoration Hardware now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question would you want to be a astronaut?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really is my personal hornor to experience a see at your weblog,it is good. Buy D3 Gold
    Cheap RS Gold

    ReplyDelete